Monday 27 April 2009

April/May Goals

With there only being a few days of April to go, I am setting out goals now for the end of April and May together. I felt it better than giving myself a mountain to climb in the remaining days of April. It will give me plenty of things to assess at the end of May.

I want to avoid using money in my goals. Poker is a long term game, and short term results are misleading. Making good decisions is the most important thing, goals are there to challenge me, and should be things that are in my control.


  • Set out a pre flop starting hand guide
  • Watch 10 poker training videos
  • Read Ryan Fee's 6 Max guide
  • Post 10 hands of forums for review
  • Find 5 Articles on the internet about 6 max strategy. Read them
  • Do a full session reveiw after every session of poker I play
  • Play 15000 hands of $25 NL 6 Max

That is plenty to be going on with. I shall be taking notes, and doing blog posts about all of the above. I shall also be setting out Weekly goals each friday, to make sure I stay on course to complete these goals.

2 comments:

  1. did you manager the April goal?
    you know, I used to play limit holdem quite some time ago, and since now i got some spare time, I want to play poker again, just a different kind, NL.
    So I'm willing to know how you progress, like check your blog up everyday. 15k hands seem a lot to me though. never play more than 300 hands a day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, sorry for the lack of updates. I will be updating much more often now. I scrapped my April goals, and merged them in to the May ones. Had a big screw up with my Laptop.

    I play around 800 hands a day as a rule.So 15000 in a month isn't that hard. Doesn't mean you have to follow though. Play what you can, just set your goals out before you start.

    All the best

    Blazing_Saddler

    ReplyDelete