Monday 27 April 2009

Pre-Flop

My plan is to play super tight in early position, and open up as I get to the cut off, and even more so on the Button. I want to make post flop decisions as easy as possible to begin with, as i strive to improve my hand reading skills and post flop play.

I will be avoiding playing marginal hands out of position. Playing to raises out of position will depend largely on the villains range. It is something I will be trying to avoid right now, but I certainly won be passing up + EV situations.

This is a very rough guide to my preflop starting ranges. It will be flexible depending on the table dynamics, but I wont be straying to far away from it. I want to stay tight and aggressive.

Opening Ranges

* UTG AKo , AQs, 22-AA 7.4%

* UTG +1 Add AQo, AJs, A10s, KQs 9.2%

* Cut off Add AJo,A9S,A8s KQo, KJo, A10o , any suited broadway,109s, 89s , 78s 15.8 %

* Button Add A9-A8o , A7-A2s,K9s, 76s,65s,54s, J9s , 108s, 79s, 86s,75s,Any Broadway. 25.8%

As you can see, very tight UTG, gradually opening up, until it is quite loose on the button. I wont be straying far away from my UTG range, but the others can be adjust slightly depending on the table dynamics. I plan to use this Range for my first 10,000 hands, then if things are going well, gradually add more hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment