Monday 27 April 2009

Tools of the trade

To begin with I want to use the tools I have at my disposal. Here is a list of what resources I have, and how I intend to use them.


Holdem Manager

Absolutely priceless tool. Holdem manager is similar to Poker Tracker. It has so many uses it is unreal. It saves all your play , and gives you enough stats to make your head explode. It is vital for analysing your play. You can view all of the hands you played in a hand re player. You can study your stats, to find leaks in your game. It also saves how much you have won/lost , so you can track your bankroll. That is just the tip of the iceberg. It also has a built in heads up display, which shows you stats on your opponents in real time while you are playing. This is great for manipulating player tendencies, which is just one of many concepts I am going to be working on.

Poker Stove and Range Stove

Similar programmes. Excellent for working on hand ranges, and working out your equity in any given hand. Both of these were free, and are worth their weight in gold.


Websites and Forums

There is so much information out there right now. I am lucky enough to have found 3 main sites which I find excellent. The Forums are excellent, you can post your hands on there for people to analyse, and you can also read other peoples hands to see how you would have played them, it all gets you thinking. They are also full of poker articles which are all worth reading. There really is so much stuff to read it is endless.

Poker Training sites.

I have membership at two poker sites. Stox Poker, and Deuces Cracked. They are full of training videos, I have already watched about a hundred, still so many more to get through. They are really worth the money for sure.

So all this talk of study, and not much talk of actually playing poker. Well the poker is coming, but the study is so important. I must get in to the routine of studying for an hour for every 3 hours I spend at the tables. I must also get in to the habit of doing post session reviews using Holdem Manager.

Keep reading, the poker is coming, it is just so important to set out my plan in full detail, to keep me focused, and on the right track.

No comments:

Post a Comment